The Pinecrest Campground is positioned across the street from Pinecrest Lake by foot and a short drive down the street by car. The campground is also across the street from the pinecrest shopping center, which includes the general store, a shower stall for campers looking to freshen themselves up, the steam donkey restaurant, the serene bean coffee kiosk and a bike rental. Comfortable living as far as camping goes. The Pinecrest Campground is part of the Stanislaus National Forest but is operated by Dodge Ridge through a permit.
The campground is made up of 4 basic loops, A, B, C, and D. A, being the loop furthest from the lake and D being the loop closest to Pinecrest Lake and the amphitheater.
Reservations are usually required to get a spot, but you can ask if there are empty spots. Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance. To make reservations go to recreation.gov.
Price: $26 per day
- Half price for people 62 years and older who have a golden access pass
- Half prices for people with disabilities
- Flush Toilets
- Potable Water
- Fire pit and grill
- NO RV Hookups
- NO RV Water Filling Station
- 2 vehicle limit (fee for 2nd vehicle)
- Maximum 6 people per site, including children
- Closed during the winter check recreation.gov for specifics
- Quiet time starts at 10 pm